Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mother's day dinner....early.

We are having my in-laws over for dinner tonight, it's kinda an early Mothers day thing since we won't see them next weekend and then we will be in Mexico for a week. On the menu for tonight, beef ribs, corn on the cob, red potatoes and spicy jalapeno cornbread. Dessert is strawberry shortcake. I make the shortcakes out of a vanilla scone type recipe and cut them in pretty circle with scalloped edges. I feel like I have been cooking all day, but I know it will be worth it come dinner time. It's 3:15 right now, and I have bakes the shortbreads, made the whipped cream, sliced the strawberries and mixed them with sugar, baked the cornbread and the ribs are in the oven on warm until I am ready to toss them on the grill. Potatoes and corn are my last few things to do, but those should be easy so I am taking a break. I wish it were sunny and beautiful outside so we could eat outside, but right now it's cloudy and in the low 50's. ick.

I found a really cute frame for my MIL, it has the words FAMILY in wood with three frames hanging off the letters. She is really hard to shop for since she doesn't really have any hobbies. I hope she will like it.

Faith spent the weekend with her grandparents and I must say, it is amazing the transformation in Emmy when Faith isn't here. She become a loving sweet, semi-obedient child. I don't know if it's because she get's more attention, or if it's just that she has nobody to pick on when Faith's gone, and I'm sure it's a bit of both. Anywho, Faith got home about an hour ago, and Emmy has returned to her usual terrible attitude....I dread her teen years already.

No comments:

Post a Comment